Administration and Finance
Campus Bike Program
Riding a bicycle is one of the many efficient forms of active transportation. Biking provides numerous benefits to you and everyone around you; it helps reduce air pollution and traffic congestion, saves money on gas and the costs of a parking permit.
Fix your flats! Check out the Bike Repair Stations we have on campus.
Bicycle Safety & Rules
Bicyclists and drivers both share the responsibility and rights while on public streets. Bicyclists always have the right-of-way as they are entitled to share the road with other drivers. Motorists must look carefully for bicyclist before turning right, merging into bicycle lanes, and opening doors next to the moving traffic.
- Bicyclists must ride in the same direction as other traffic
- May choose to ride near the left curb or edge of a one-way-street
- Must make left and right turns in the same way that drivers do, using the same turn lanes
- Must wear a helmet if under the age of 18
If you are operating a bike at night your bicycle must be equipped with the following:
- A brake which will enable the operator to make one braked wheel skid on dry level, clean pavement
- A front lamp emitting a white light visible from a distance of 300 feet
- A rear reflector visible from a distance of 500 feet
- A white or yellow reflector of each pedal visible from a distance of 200 feet
Bicycle Safety Tips
The best way to avoid accidents is to be prepared and be aware of other vehicles around you.
- Obey traffic signs and signal
- Maintain good control of your bicycle
- Protect yourself
- Be visible and alert
- Follow lane markings
- Look out for road hazards
Emergency - Call 911
2311 E Barstow Ave
Mail Stop PO 14
Fresno, CA 93740