Fresno State Police Department
Frequently Asked Questions
These FAQs were last updated on July 20, 2021 and are intended to answer questions commonly asked.
Please contact Parking & Traffic Operations at 559-278-2950 if you would like to speak with the staff and/or if your questions is not answered below, or if you would like more information.
Parking permits are required Monday through Friday.
More information can be found on our Enforcement Hours page.
Parking permits are not required on Saturdays, Sundays, and State Holidays, except during special events.
Lot P11 (northwest corner of Barstow/Sierra Vista Ave)
More information can be found on our Bus Parking page.
Payments can be made online, in person, over the phone, or by mail.
- Pay Online at pticket.com
- Pay by Phone: call 1-888-757-1757
- Pay in Person (at the Fresno State Police Department
- Pay by Mail:
Fresno State Traffic Operations
PO Box 2081
Tustin, CA 92781-2081
Failure to pay or appeal a parking citation will result in one or more of the following:
- Letter to the registered owner
- Late fees
- Hold on DMV registration
- Student hold on campus
Where to buy:
- online via my.fresnostate.edu (directions for online permit purchase)
- Police Department Parking and Transportation Counter
2311 E Barstow Ave
Fresno, CA 93740
Student Parking Permit Costs:
- $93 Semester (fall or spring)
- $186 Annual (fall and spring)
- $44 Summer
More information can be found on our Student Parking Permit page.
Faculty and Staff must buy a parking permit at the Cashier's Window in Joyal Administration Bldg
IMPORTANT: You must have authorization from Human Resources or Academic Personnel to buy a Faculty/Staff permit.
Daily parking permit dispensers are located near the entrances to campus and in various parking lots.
One-day permit dispensers only accept VISA and Mastercard payments, they DO NOT ACCEPT CASH.
Daily permits may also be purchased via PayByPhone or in the Fresno State App. Use Location number 5446
Daily parking permits are only valid in Green parking lots, except after 6:00 pm. After 6:00 pm, daily permits are valid in Yellow lots except where posted.
Parking meters are located at various locations on the campus to accommodate short term parking needs.
Meters cost $2.00 per hour.
Note: Parking permits are NOT valid at parking meters.
- Disabled parking (blue zones)
- Emergency parking (red zones)
- Loading/timed zones (white zones)
- Reserved stalls
- Parking meters
- Other special parking areas (signed)
Lost or stolen parking permits can be replaced at the Police Department's Main Office at Barstow/Jackson Avenues.
Replacement fee: $15.00.
More information can be found on our Lost/Stolen Permit page.
Parking lots have clearly designated parking spaces for the disabled.
More information can be found on our Disabled Parking page
- The escort service during daytime hours is reserved for persons with disabilities.
- Escort services are also provided for safety/security reasons, especially during night time hours.
- The service is not to help you get across campus if you are running late or have objects to carry.
- Not all carts transporting people are from the Police Department
- Others being transported may be part of a tour, Plant Ops, Ag Ops, the President's Office etc.