Fresno State Police Department
Fresno State Police Advisory Task Force
Guided by the recently implemented CSU Policy on Campus Police and Safety Advisory Committee, the mission of the Task Force is to proactively seek the advice and counsel of a diverse group of campus community members to create a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment to positively impact the safety and quality of life of our students, faculty, staff and community.
Task Force Charge:
- To advise the campus president on matters that affect the safety of students, faculty, and staff and visitors, including implementation and enhancement of community policing principles and practices that uphold transparency and build trust.
- Identify current public safety issues that may impact the Fresno State campus and surrounding neighborhood community.
- Act as liaison between the campus community and Fresno State Police Department.
- Receive regular updates and summary of activities of department, including current trends impacting the campus.
- Examine and provide recommendations concerning matters of public safety, campus policy, or suggested community resources to positively impact the campus community.
- At least annually, the Council will provide a summary of its activities and discussions, which will be posted publicly on Fresno State’s website and the Fresno State Police Department website.
- Recommendations or requests from the Committee shall be shared by the Chair to the campus president for consideration.
- The membership, agenda and minutes of the meetings of the Committee will be publically available on the campus website.
Membership Selection and Terms:
The Task Force membership will be representatives of a diverse group of campus stakeholders including students, faculty, and staff as listed below.
- Members will be appointed by the campus president for a three-year term.
- The committee shall meet quarterly.
- The campus president shall appoint the chair of the committee.
- Academic Senate Chair or Representative
- ASI President
- ASI Senator for Parking and Safety
- Student at large (recommended by VP for Student Affairs)
- Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management or designee
- Staff Representative – appointed by Chair of the Joint Labor Council
- Community Member (appointed by the campus president)
- Fresno State Police Officer (elected by SUPA campus membership)
- Representative from local law enforcement (Fresno Police Department)
- Representative from the President’s Council on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (PCEDI)
- Representative from the Cross Cultural and Gender Center (CCGC)
- Title IX Coordinator
- Greek Affairs Coordinator
- Fresno State Chief of Police
- AVP for University Communications
- Student Athlete (recommended by the Director of Athletics)
- Faculty Member from the Department of Criminology (recommended by the Provost)
- Student Health and Counseling Center (recommended by the VP for Student Affairs)
- Chief Diversity Officer (new position pending recruitment)
- Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) representative
- Black Faculty/Staff Association
- LatinX Faculty/Staff Association
- Native American Faculty/Staff Association
- Allies Network representative