Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

Environmental Health, Safety, and Risk Management

Environmental Health, Safety, and Risk Management

The Office of Environmental Health & Safety and Risk Management (EHS/RM) aims to support the overall academic mission, and ensure the protection of the health and safety of all members of the University community through the effective mitigation of University risk hazards.

Our services include:

  • Environmental Management: Air and Water quality management, hazardous waste disposal, and protection of Public Health
  • Safety: Creation/implementation/evaluation of occupational safety systems and programs applied to the working or learning environment
  • Risk Management: Services designed to recognize/assess/minimize risk to University community health or assets

The Office of EHS/RM is directed by Mr. Jaime Horio. Mr. Horio reports directly to Ms. Deborah Adishian-Astone, Vice President for Administration and Chief Financial Officer.

Quick Links

  • NEW!  Take a look at our newly launched Youth Protection page!  We'll be adding more resources as they become available!
  • NEW! Take a look at our newly launched Wheels Off page.  
  • Occupational COVID-19 exposure written illness prevention plan
  • Looking for information about air quality on campus and in the Valley? Visit our Air Pollution page to learn about it.
  • Have a Workplace Inspection to fill out?  Visit our Workplace Inspection page and fill out a survey form on the right hand menu (scroll down to bottom on some mobile devices).
  • Driving on University Business?  Don't know if your training expired or where to start?  Come visit the University Driving Page for all your driving questions!
  • Have you had a Vehicle Accident while driving on University business? Click here for next step guidance.
  • Need to report an injury/accident for a non-University employee?  Click here for the updated Fillable pdf form!
  • Having an event on campus and want to serve alcohol?  Wondering about the status of your Alcohol Approval?  Read all about what's required to Serve Alcohol on Campus and how to apply.
  • Studying Abroad for a semester?  Traveling to another country?  Wondering if you need Foreign Travel insurance?  Check out our Foreign Travel page for the latest updates!

Related Links

Facilities Management

Police Department

Human Resources

Driving on University Business

Off-Campus Events

Department Safety Coordinator

Youth Protection