Environmental Health, Safety, and Risk Management
Foreign Travel Insurance Program
All faculty, students and staff traveling internationally on CSU business or CSU-sponsored trips are required to utilize the CSU's Foreign Travel Insurance Program (FTIP) coverage. Foreign Travel Insurance Program benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- General Liability and Excess Auto Liability
- Primary Medical Expense, Emergency Medical Benefits and Evacuation
- Repatriation of Remains
- Political Evacuations and Repatriation Benefit War Risk Coverage
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit
- Trip Cancellation Coverage
How to request coverage: Fill out the Foreign Travel Insurance Information Form.
1. Sections identified with a red asterisk require answers for all requested travel.
2. All other sections are only required if the travel location has an active travel warning with the U.S. State Department or is considered a high hazardous or war risk location by the California State University Risk Management Authority (CSURMA).
3. All travel to high hazard/active travel warning locations require approval by the campus President/President's designee. All travel to war risk locations require additional approval from the Chancellor's/Chancellor's designee. All Presidential and Chancellor approvals listed in this section are required to be made 30 days in advance.
Contact EHS/Risk Management at 559.278.7422 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and assistance.
High Hazard travel locations | War Risk travel locations