Environmental Health, Safety, and Risk Management
Shop equipment has the potential to do some fantastic work, but also the potential to do significant harm through improper use. The majority of shop work related injuries can be prevented with:
- proper training
- proper care for equipment
- attention to detail before using shop equipment.
Fresno State is developing our shop safety trainings which include:
- Periodic Shop Inspection Program
- Shop Safety Training for Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Accident/Injury/Near-miss investigations resulting in corrective measures
For an overview of CalOSHA training requirements and general expected shop condition requirements, please contact our office at email@example.com.
For students that would like to take non-mandatory shop safety training, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org and request shop training.