Environmental Health, Safety, and Risk Management
Off-Campus Event definition: Educationally related activity that involves students; occurs off campus; takes place outside of university property; and is organized and/or funded by an officially recognized campus related entity.
All off-campus events must meet the minimum requirements set forth by CSU Executive Order 1062 Field Trips. Other requirements may apply.
These requirements include the need for obtaining approval of the planned trip, and collection/distribution/retention of associated forms.
The following is a summary of the forms and the distribution/retention requirements.
1) File Form 1 (Event Notification/Approval) with the appropriate Dean, Chair, or Vice President, or their designee, for your department at least fifteen (15) working days prior to the scheduled off-campus event.
2) Collect a signed Form 2 (Release of Liability - fill out the top part first) and Form 3 (Emergency Information) from each trip participant at least five (5) working days before departing for the event.
3) File a trip roster, copy of Form 1 (Event Notification) and all collected Forms 2 (Release of Liability) with your department office at least five (5) working days before departing for the event.
4) File a trip roster, copy of Form 1 (Event Notification) and all collected Forms 3 (Emergency Information) with the Fresno State Police Department before departing for the event. The forms should be in a sealed envelope to protect participants' confidentiality and will be opened only in an emergency.
5) The event leader must take a trip roster and a copy of each participants' Form 3 (Emergency Information) to the off-campus event. The forms should be in sealed envelopes to protect participants' confidentiality and will be opened only in an emergency.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Environmental Health & Safety and Risk Management at 559.278.7422.
Forms 1, 2 & 3 are pdf fillable if opened with Adobe Reader.