Environmental Health, Safety, and Risk Management
For state drivers immediately following an accident...
- Contact Lisa Kao, as soon as possible via cell phone at (559) 281-5906.
- At the accident scene, do not admit fault or make any promises that the state will pay for any damages.
- If in a state vehicle, complete the Vehicle Accident Report (STD 269) that should
be in your glove compartment, and write down as much information as you can.
- Tear off the perforated part and give it to the other driver so he/she will know who you are and how to contact the state insurance carrier.
- Complete the Vehicle Accident Report (Std 270) as soon as possible.
- Have your supervisor review the STD 270 and both of you sign it.
- Your supervisor needs to complete and sign the State Driver Accident Review Report (STD 274) within 5 days of the accident.
- Fax the completed STD 270 and STD 274 forms as soon as possible to the Environmental Health and Safety and Risk Management office at 278-1153, and send the original through inter-campus mail to M/S PO-140.
- We will forward the report to the Office of Risk and Insurance Management (ORIM), the University's third party self insured auto insurer for liability coverage.
You may be contacted by ORIM, and our office will follow-up with a call to you or your department.