Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

Environmental Health, Safety, and Risk Management

Vehicle Accidents

For state drivers immediately following an accident...

  • Contact Jaime Horio, EHS Director/Risk Manager, as soon as possible at 559.278.8787.
  • At the accident scene, do not admit fault or make any promises that the state will pay for any damages.
  • If in a state vehicle, complete the Vehicle Accident Report (STD 269)
  • Have your supervisor review the STD 270 and both of you sign it.
  • Your supervisor needs to complete and sign the State Driver Accident Review Report (STD 274) within 5 days of the accident.
  • Email the completed STD 270 and STD 274 forms as soon as possible to the Environmental Health and Safety and Risk Management office at, and send the original through inter-campus mail to M/S PO-140.
  • We will forward the report to the Office of Risk and Insurance Management (ORIM), the University's third party self insured auto insurer for liability coverage.

You may be contacted by ORIM, and our office will follow-up with a call to you or your department.


State Vehicle Accident Report - STD 270

State Driver Review Report - STD 274

Vehicle Accident Reports - STD 269