Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

Environmental Health, Safety, and Risk Management

Alcohol Use


The only department that has the exclusive right to serve alcohol on campus is University Dining Services.

If you are planning to serve alcohol at your event on campus there are certain criteria that must be met, including the following:

  • Submit a request for approval to serve alcohol. This can be accomplished by completing the Application for Use of Alcoholic Beverages On Campus.  This online application must be received by our office no later than two weeks prior to the event in order for all approving offices to review the request. (If you are unable to access the online application, please contact our Office at 559.278.7422)
  • Your application must be approved by:
    • The advisor (if applicable)
    • V.P. for Student Affairs
    • University Risk Manager
    • University Dining Services
  • Arrange for Catering Services to serve alcohol as well as non-alcoholic beverages plus a variety of foods, including high protein foods (e.g. cheeses, meats). Your request will not be approved until your catering order is scheduled. Contact University Dining Services at 559.278.3904 or

Please refer to the information in the Policy on Campus Use of Alcoholic Beverages (G-04). You may view  this policy in the Related Links section.

Related Links

Policy on Campus Use of Alcoholic Beverages (G-04)


Application for Use of Alcoholic Beverages On Campus