University Travel Information
The Concur per diem adjustments page is now working. In the Adjustments page, deduct
any meals which were provided to you from the conference, meeting, colleagues, etc.
Airline Reservation Changes in Concur:
1. Any flight booked on or after October 4th will be subject to the following restrictions:
- Only one change/exchange per ticket will be allowed in Concur; additional changes/exchanges must be done through a CalTravelStore travel agent. This applies to exchanges for all carriers (Southwest, United, etc.).
- Southwest Airlines’ Early Bird check-in will no longer be available to purchase in Concur. If desired, you may add Early Bird check-in directly with Southwest using a personal credit card.
2. All unused travel funds, including Southwest, will still appear in each traveler’s Concur profile; however, you will now have to call the CalTravelStore to have an agent apply the Southwest travel funds to a new reservation – as is the current process with other airlines’ travel funds.
3. Southwest Unused Travel Funds can no longer be applied during the reservation process in Concur.
4. Unused travel funds, including Southwest, will now be part of the monthly “Unused Tickets” report provided to you by CalTravelStore. Be on the lookout for the addition of Southwest Travel Funds alongside credits for other carriers in the same monthly report you already receive on the 18th of every month from CalTravelStore.
Click here to view the CSU High Hazard International Travel Approval Process and Requirement to Purchase Insurance.
If you have any questions regarding these requirements, please contact Risk Management at 559.278.1153.
Governor Gavin Newsom announced he has signed SB 447 which rescinds AB 1887, ending California’s restrictions on taxpayer-funded travel effective immediately.
Travel to any of the banned states prior to 9/14/23 still requires documentation of pre-approval from the University Controller for reimbursement.
Instructions for Approval:
Request approval in writing. Include in your justification:
- The purpose of the travel
- Why the travel cannot be completed elsewhere
- Which exception in the Assembly Bill the travel meets and why (link below)
- Send your request to Tom Chacon, University Controller, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If a trip must be cancelled or changed, the traveler must make every effort to cancel/change any travel reservations. Fees incurred as a result of cancelling/changing a trip may be covered if the cancellation/change was work-related or due to unforeseen circumstances out of the control of the traveler. Written justification must be submitted and approved by the approving authority (see Travel Approval Guidelines).
Travelers who are unable to honor a reservation shall be responsible for canceling the reservation in compliance with the cancellation terms established by the vendor. The traveler must return any refundable deposits to the University.
Charges or lost refunds resulting from failure to cancel reservations, registrations, etc. shall not be reimbursed unless the traveler can show that such failure was the result of circumstances beyond the traveler’s control.
The traveler shall be responsible for promptly returning for a refund any unused or partially used transportation tickets.
Cash advances must be returned immediately if a trip is cancelled or indefinitely postponed.
Funds paid on behalf of or reimbursed to the traveler for expenses incurred prior to the actual dates of travel should be returned. Refunds should be requested for registration fees paid directly to a vendor unless applied to another participant from the department. A non-refundable ticket associated with a cancelled trip must be used for the employee’s next trip.
Any monies refunded to the University should be submitted by check payable to Fresno State and submitted to Cashiering Services.
If you have additional questions or need further assistance, please contact: