Anyone driving on state business is required to obtain authorization from the Department of Environmental Health and Safety and Risk Management before traveling. Please review information and instructions and complete all requirements well in advance to ensure time for completing the defensive driving course, and processing of forms.
- State employees should use the Concur reservation system for standard vehicle rentals to take advantage of the CRBTA Direct Bill account
- When calling in a reservation, employees must provide the Cost Center code to the Enterprise representitive. The Cost Center code is located in the employee's Concur Profile
- Vehicle size should be no larger than intermediate
- Short-term domestic rentals will not incur one-way drop charges
- Gas reimbursement is allowed for rental vehicles. Employees are required to return rental vehicles with a full tank of gas
- The CRBTA is not for personal travel
Note: Please call the Travel Technicians at 278-2911 for special rental instructions for guest travelers to ensure state-required liability insurance is included in the rental.
Private Vehicle Mileage Rates
- The California State University will adhere to IRS guidelines for standard mileage reimbursement for business travel occuring on or after January 1, 2023. The IRS mileage rate for calendar year 2023 will be 65.5 cents per mile, which is an increase from the 2022 rate of 62.5 cents per mile.
- Miles driven for moving purposes will remain at the reimbursement rate of 22 cents per mile, which is not a change from the 2022 rate.
Motorcycles, Scooters, and Bicycles
Motorcycles, scooters, and bicycles shall not be authorized for use on official University business, nor shall any reimbursement be made for the use of such vehicles.
Concur Travel Expense Error
If you have been recently authorized to drive and are having issues submitting your Concur Travel expense report, please follow these steps below:
- Open your Concur Expense Report.
- Select each driving expense with a red ! mark.
- Re-save the entry by clicking on the "Save Expense" button on the top right or bottom left.
This should clear your exceptions and allow you to submit your travel reimbursement request.
If the issue does not resolve, please contact the EHS & RM office at firstname.lastname@example.org.