Care for Family Member
An employee may request a leave of absence to care for a spouse, domestic partner, child or parent who has a serious health condition. (Note: CSUEU (Units 2, 5, 7, 9) includes additional family members. Please see the Collective Bargaining Agreements for more details.
How to Initiate a Family Member Leave
Contact Human Resources Joyal Adm. Rm 164, 278-2032 and make an appointment to complete the necessary forms and to get further information. If you are unable to come to the office for an appointment, please call 278-2032 and speak to a Human Resources Generalist for more information. The required forms and doctor’s verifications are listed below.
Requirements for Leave
To participate, an employee must complete the following:
- Family and Medical Leave Notice and Request Form (if you are eligible; please see Your Rights Under FMLA for more information.)
- Certification of Health Care Provider
- Request for Leave of Absence Form
- Doctor's Verifications:
- Doctor's Verification of your family member's
- Attendance Summaries are to be turned in as normal to the Payroll Office detailing how your leave credits will be used. (Note: If you are taking time on an intermittent basis a copy of your attendance summaries must be turned in to Human Resources, Joyal 164, Mail Stop JA71.)
If your leave credits are running low or have run out, you may qualify for the supplemental program below:
- Catastrophic Donated Leave Program (CDLP)
Medical Leaves of Absence
Leave Related Forms