Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

Procurement and Support Services

Vehicle Rentals

Employees must use one of the commercial car rental companies currently under contract with the State of California when renting a vehicle for Official State business travel. These contracts are intended to address the business travel needs of State employees and are limited to daily and weekly rentals.

The primary car rental vendor is Enterprise Rent A Car for all government travel. In the event that the primary vendor is unable to provide service, the secondary vendor, National Car Rental, must be used. National Car Rental is used primarily for out-of-state and international travel, and locations where Enterprise is not available. Departments are required to ensure that the secondary vendor is only used when the primary vendor cannot provide service.

The University will not pay for the rental of a vehicle from a company that does not have a contract with the State.

For additional car rental information click here.

Department Resources

Services FAQ

Voyager Fuel Credit Card