Employer-Paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
The CSU offers eligible employees an employer-paid basic term life/accidental death and dismemberment insurance plan (based on employee’s collective bargaining unit). To be eligible for this life insurance plan you must be eligible for benefits. The Basic Life and AD&D insurance becomes effective on the first day of the calendar month following the date you become eligible. For answers to commonly asked questions, exclusions, limitations and reductions, please review the Life Insurance Brochure and Certificate. You may change your beneficiary on The Standard Website.
Some features of your Basic Life insurance coverage include:
MEDEX® Travel Assist
Waiver of Premium
Portability of Insurance
If you become ineligible for coverage through The CSU and have questions regarding conversion or portability of your Basic Life insurance, please contact The Standard at 800.378.4668.
Employer-Paid Long Term Disability
The CSU offers eligible employees an employer-paid basic Long Term Diability insurance plan (based on employee’s collective bargaining unit). To be eligible for this life insurance plan you must be eligible for benefits. LTD insurance is designed to pay a monthly benefit to you in the event you cannot work for an extended period of time because of a covered illness or injury. This LTD benefit replaces a portion of your income, helping you to meet your financial commitments in a time of need.
If your LTD claim is approved by The Standard, LTD benefits become payable at the end of the 180 day benefit waiting period. No benefits are payable during the benefit waiting period. For answers to commonly asked questions, exclusions, limitations and reductions, please review the Long Term Disability Insurance Brochure and Certificate.
Some features of your LTD coverage include:
- Return to Work Incentive/Child Care Expense Benefit
- Reasonable Accommodation Expense Benefit
- Survivors Benefit
- Right to Convert
Eligible MPP, executive and SETC employees are covered under a long-term disability (LTD) plan through Standard Insurance Company, which continues the income for employees who qualify while they are disabled
- Benefits are payable after the employee has been continuously disabled for the entire waiting period (180 days).
- For the first 24 months, to qualify for benefits the employee must be disabled from performing the material duties of his or her occupation.
- After 24 months, benefits are payable only if the employee is disabled from performing the material duties of any occupation for which he or she is reasonably fitted by education, training and experience.
- MPP and executive employees - pays 66 2/3 percent of an employee's pre-disability earnings (reduced by other income the employee is eligible to receive because of disability, and subject to a maximum benefit of $10,000 per month).
- The LTD program was eliminated for SETC employees effective July 31, 2005 per HR/Benefits 2005-17.
- The CSU pays the entire premium for this insurance.
If you have any questions regarding employer-paid life & AD&D or LTD Insurance, please contact The Standard:
Standard Insurance Company
900 SW 5th Avenue
Portland, OR 97204-1203
Visit their website