All eligible employees appointed half-time or more for a period of more than six months, and their eligible dependents, are automatically enrolled in the vision insurance plan.
- Premiums are paid by the CSU.
- May visit any licensed ophthalmologist, optometrist or dispensing optician of choice.
- By choosing a participating provider in the Vision Service Plan (VSP) network, the insurance will cover more out-of-pocket costs.
- Administrator is Vision Service Plan (VSP).
The vision plan includes
- One comprehensive eye exam every calendar year.
- One pair of lenses every other calendar year (or calendar year if your prescription changes) and one frame every other calendar year.
- Contact lenses every other calendar year when contact lenses are provided in lieu of all other lens and frame benefits.
- Claim form is not required when using standard in-network benefits.
- For employees eligible for the Video Display Terminal benefit, print the VDT Claim Form and present this to the VSP Select Network doctor or non-VSP provider.
- Services provided by a non-VSP provider must be paid in full by the employee. For reimbursement, complete a VSP Out-of-Network Reimbursement form.
- Contact Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- (800) 877-7195 or visit www.vsp.com
- VDT Claim Form
- VSP Out-of-Network Reimbursement form