Dental Insurance Plans
Benefits eligible employees may enroll in one of two dental plans for themselves and their eligible dependents. The premiums for these dental plans are paid by the CSU. Both plans are administered by http://www.deltadentalca.org/csu/. When you go to your dentist, be sure to provide them with your group number.
Within 60 days of your hire or eligibility, please complete the Benefits Worksheet and return to Human Resources, Room 211 in Joyal Administration. If you have questions about completing the Benefits Worksheet or wish to obtain additional information, contact Human Resources at (559) 278-2032.
Delta Dental (PPO) 800-626-3108
Delta Dental plan is a group dental plan that allows you to choose any dentist. The benefits described in the Summary Brochure are guaranteed only when services are provided from a Delta member dentist. Your collective bargaining unit determines your level of dental coverage.
- Enrollees may select a dentist of their choice.
- Members may choose a dentist in the Delta Premier or Delta PPO network and pay less.
- The plan sets the limits it pays for each specific type of dental treatment. Members are responsible for paying any remaining balance.
- You may read the Evidence of Coverage for information on covered benefits.
- You will need to complete and submit your own claim forms for services provided by a non-Delta dentist.
Delta Care USA (HMO) 844-519-8751
DeltaCare USA is a prepaid plan. Many of the services are covered at no cost to the employee while some services require a co-payment. Your collective bargaining unit determines your level of dental coverage.
- Enrollees and their eligible dependents are required to use a dentist who is a contracted DeltaCare provider.
- Most basic services are covered at no cost. Please consult with your dentist the cost of the services to be rendered and if the services are covered in full.
- View the Evidence of Coverage for information on covered benefits. DeltaCare® USA website.
When enrolling in DeltaCare USA you must choose a provider from their list. You can view the Directory of Dentists to find a provider. Similar to a HMO, you will receive a membership card and evidence of coverage that describes the covered benefits. The membership card will have the telephone number and address of your dentist. If you wish to change your dentist, you can do so by contacting DeltaCare USA at 844-519-8751.
Dental Plan Summary by employee category
- Units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,10, C99, M98, M80 and FERP Annuitants
- Unit 11 and Teaching Associates
News & Updates
Delta Dental PPO