2018 Bold Ideas Recap
- 71 Bold Ideas were submitted.
- 48 faculty and staff members (CAIFE alumni) reviewed and ranked the ideas and provided feedback to the Cabinet.
- 13 ideas were selected as winners, and 10 projects will be pursued as part of the CAIFE (Creativity and Innovation for Effectiveness) initiative.
- 37 ideas are being sent to departments/schools/colleges for review.
- 10 ideas are currently in progress; 5 ideas were not feasible.
Dr. Susan Schlievert, Dr. Jennifer Randles, Dr. James Marshall, Dr. Ram Nunna, Dr. Tamas Forgacs, Dr. John Walkup, Jonathan Castro, Matthew Doyle, Dr. Katherine Fobear, Michael Harding, John Marshall, Jose ElaGarza, Dr. Ignacio Hernandez
|Idea Summary||Idea Submitter||Strategic Priority|
|Kids Locker: A bring-and-take space for families||Dr. Susan Schlievert, Dr. Jennifer Randles||1|
|Establish The Graduate School at Fresno State in order to enhance graduate education.||Dr. James Marshall||1|
|Create a mobile app that will provide students a graphical representation of their progress towards their degree.||Dr. Ram Nunna||1|
|Establish a Center or clearinghouse for Undergraduate Research||Dr. Tamas Forgacs, Dr. John Walkup||1|
|Acknowledge student and employee achievement through a unified Fresno State digital badging and credential platform.||Jonathan Castro, Matthew Doyle||2|
|Create a "We Are Fresno State" advocacy and awareness participatory video with LGBTQ+ students, faculty and staff.||Dr. Katherine Fobear||2|
|Create a student assistant mentor program.||Dr. Michael Harding||2|
|Create a Maker Space on campus for collaboration, creativity and innovation for use by students and community.||John Marshall||3|
|Create a Fresno State Blended Arts Festival as an opportunity for artists from the campus community to network with other artists and showcase students’ artwork.||Jose ElaGarza||4|
|Establish the Bulldog Transfer Center, a student support center for community college transfer students.||Dr. Ignacio Hernandez||4|