Employee and Labor Relations
The Employee Relations program has the goal of identifying and resolving workplace concerns and issues in an expeditious manner and in accordance with university policy and state and federal law. The Human Resources Department encourages all employees to present such issues to their managers or to the HR department if the matter cannot be resolved at the lowest level. HR Generalists consult with managers and staff members and attempt to mediate and resolve their issues.
The Human Resources Department encourages cooperative and productive relationships with various unions on campus. The Labor Relations program includes providing leadership and support for collective bargaining, administering and supporting implementation of negotiated contracts, processing grievances, interpreting labor agreements and providing professional development for supervisors. The Human Resources Department interprets and administers for its clients each of the staff collective bargaining agreements (except for agreements governing academic personnel in Units 3 and 11, which are administered by the Provost’s Office). The Human Resources Department also oversees the grievance procedure and, where applicable, the complaint procedures contained in the collective bargaining agreements in an effort to resolve matters quickly.
- Concern and Action Guide
- Arbitration Information
- Systemwide Grievance Procedure
- CSU Non-Discrimination Policy
- CSU Policies and Procedures
- Complaint/ Grievance Procedures for Employees not Covered by CBA
- Management Personnel Plan (MPP) and Confidential Support Performance Evaluation
- Staff Employee Performance Evaluation
- Employee Performance Appraisal Process Timeline
- APC (Unit 4) Employee Performance Appraisal Form
- Wage Theft is a Crime