Emergency Procedures & Preparation
An employee who receives a bomb threat should immediately call the Fresno State Police Department at 559.278.8400 or 911 from a campus phone.
If a bomb threat is received by phone, ask:
- When is the bomb going to explode or go off?
- Where is the bomb right now?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What does it look like?
- Why did you place the bomb?
- Why are you doing this?
Remember - keep the caller on the phone as long as possible.
Record the following for the police:
- Time of call.
- Date of call.
- Exact words/phrases of person making the call.
- Age, gender.
- Speech pattern such as accent, slurred speech, lisp or stuttering.
- Background noises, if any.
- Any names mentioned.
If a bomb threat is received by mail:
- Do not handle the envelope or package.
- Call Fresno State Police at 559.278.8400 or 911 from a campus phone and stop anyone from entering the area where the package is located.
- Lock all doors, post "DO NOT ENTER," and then leave the area.
In an Emergency
Call Fresno State Police Department
- 911 from a campus phone