Continuous Improvement Initiatives
Programs focused on improvement are designed to engage faculty, staff, and administrators in the process of improving efficiencies and administrative burden in order to enhance organizational effectiveness.
Lean/Process Improvement Projects and Information
Over the past several years, Fresno State has successfully embraced the Lean University philosophy of transformative change and applied it to several process improvement projects across campus. Below is a list of trained Lean/Process Improvement facilitators.
|Robert Guinn||C3/Lean||Technology Services|
|Tracy Garza||C3||Human Resources|
|Dennis Nef||Lean University||Academic Affairs|
|Debbie Astone||Lean University||Vice President for Administration & Finance|
|Diane Volpp||Co-facilitates teams; not formally certified||Faculty Affairs|
CAIFE was launched in 2014 and includes three distinct phases: the Bold Ideas Challenge, CAIFE project work, the President's Showcase of Excellence. It was designed to cultivate a lasting culture of innovation and creativity. The program blends individual development with focused efforts to enhance organizational effectiveness. Learn more about the CAIFE program by clicking here.
Fresno State has 20 Certified Change Management Practitioners. These colleagues have completed the Prosci 3-day certification program and are resources to help ensure successful change initiatives.
- Brad Barker, Technology Services
- Bryan Berrett, Center for Faculty Excellence
- JoLynne Blake, Center for Faculty Excellence
- Meredith Booey Sandrik, Facilities Management
- Andy Corea, Facilities Management
- Robert Guinn, Technology Services
- Cynthia Hanks, Accounting Services
- Christine Paredes, Human Resources
- Jeff Prickett, Facilities Management
- Rudy J. Sanchez, Academic and Institutional Effectiveness
- Pawn Sayphengsy, Technology Services
- Sue Shaw, Administration and Finance
- Katie Williamson, Organizational Excellence
- Harry Zahlis, Technology Services
Additional change management resources:
- CSU Change Management Toolkit
- Network for Change and Continuous Innovation (NCCI)
- NCCI is a network of higher education change leaders. Fresno State is an active member and all NCCI networking and training opportunities are open to Fresno State faculty and staff. Contact Katie Williamson (email@example.com) for more information.
- Prosci Resources
- Prosci is a valued partner who has helped to build higher education and Fresno State's change capabilities. They provide change management research, white papers, free webinars, trainings, certifications and much more.
- FREE Prosci webinars
- Tips for Managing Change During Uncertain Times