The Administrative Academy offers professional development to administrative professionals serving the university in various support roles through networking, sharing information and resources, learning from one another, and receiving focused training to enhance their professional experience. The Administrative Academy began in 2015 and over 230 administrative support staff have successfully completed the program. The Academy seeks to create a learning community for administrative support staff in order to:
- Share knowledge, learn and solve problems collaboratively
- Increase awareness of campus resources, policies and procedures
- Create connections among administrative personnel (new hires with seasoned employees and staff of different divisions across the campus)
- Enhance skills and competencies of participants
- Better equip university for change
- Identify additional training needs for the campus community
- Enhance employee engagement
Key elements of the Administrative Academy include:
- Information Sharing
Both new and seasoned Fresno state staff serving in administrative support roles are eligible to apply. Participants must submit an application expressing why they wish to participate, as well as receive support from their supervisor to participate in the entirety of the program. This can be attained through completing the supervisor signature on the bottom of the application. Attendance at all sessions (8) is expected.
Fresno State encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please call us at 559.278.5330.