Facilities Management Vision Statement
Exercising professional excellence in support of, and influencing the Fresno State sustainable environment that promotes a sense of space | a sense of place | a sense of arrival.
About Facilities Management
Facilities Management provides the campus community a wide range of services in order to better serve our current students and the students of tomorrow. We are a dedicated team of professionals that emphasizes the integration of our collective expertise.
- Service Center
- Facilities Information Systems
- A new unit within Facilities Management, FIS & Service Center is responsible for serving as the primary communications hub and receptacle of data for Facilities Management. This unit fields customer service calls, receives online service requests, and manages the computer maintenance management system (Facilities Link) that serves as the primary database for the department. Working closely with other Facilities Management units, sister departments, and outside vendors, FIS & Service Center works diligently to improve upon customer service, communication, and information fluidity to ensure that Facilities Management can best service its campus population.
- Fiscal & Capital Budget
- Facilities Warehouse & Asset Management
Consisting of nine unique areas of skilled trades personnel, Facilities Operations maintains over 50 different campus buildings and responds to over 12,000 different work requests, as well as offering support for Farm, Athletics, and Auxiliaries & Foundation buildings. Operations areas of expertise include: Carpentry, Lock Shop, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Paint, Metal, Project Supervision, and the Facilities Operations Warehouse. The skilled trades are on call 24/7 to mitigate emergencies on an unsleeping campus that is its own small city.
- Custodial Services
- The custodial team is committed to providing a clean, safe and healthy environment for the campus community. They service approximately 2,000,000 square feet of space across the breadth of more than 70 buildings. Three shifts of custodians trained in the most current environmentally sustainable products and methods move through the campus daily, cleaning and sanitizing surfaces, vacuuming, mopping, waxing, and managing waste disposal. They are also responsible for supporting campus events, which includes setup, takedown, and any preemptive or post-event cleaning.
- Landscape & Grounds
- A distinct team of gardening specialists, irrigation specialists, grounds workers, and equipment operators makes up the Landscape Services & Grounds team to keep Fresno State’s outdoor teaching lab in bloom. In 1979, Fresno State achieved official arboretum status, and it is this team that works diligently to keep the tree population at its optimal number and health for all to enjoy. This crew services 388 acres on the main campus and works daily in the Athletics facilities.
The Planning, Design & Construction team consists of two discrete units.
The Associate Director of Planning and Design is a licensed architect who oversees the interior specialist and furniture installation, minor projects, room layout, campus floor plans, and space inventory.
The Associate Director of Construction leads a project management team that oversees capital projects on campus. The Construction team is responsible for new buildings as well as renovated spaces in existing facilities.
Together, PD&C are the Building Official for the campus and the owner representative of the California State.