Classification and Compensation
Classification & Compensation
As a strategic partner with university leaders, Human Resources strives to develop and deliver best-practice human resource programs and services to support Fresno State’s Strategic Priorities. It is our commitment to invest in a dynamic environment to attract, develop, and retain talented and diverse faculty and staff.
The Classification & Compensation programs in Human Resources relate to job classifications for staff and wages/salaries for all non-instructional positions including management. Classification & Compensation works in partnership with departments, colleges and administrative units to provide assistance in interpreting and applying a fair and consistent evaluation of positions and equitable compensation.
Services provided and responsibilities include:
- Approval of position descriptions for job postings
- New hire salary determination
- Classification reviews
- In-range progression reviews
- Administer pay programs for staff bargaining units, Confidential and Management Personnel Plan (MPP) positions
- Advise and consult with managers regarding position description development and updates, reorganizations, and compensation programs
Staff should consult their respective collective bargaining agreement for specific procedures governing classification and compensation. Classification & Compensation services, with the guidance of the California State University (CSU) Chancellor's Office, reviews processes is in accordance with collective bargaining agreements, applicable laws, personnel policies, and procedures.
Joyal Administration Building, Room 211
5150 N Maple Ave.
Mail Stop: JA41
Fresno, CA 93740